RULES: Best Liszt Performance
FREE Entries: Sept 22 – 29
We invite you to submit your video records absolutely FREE of charge.
The contestants who pass the qualifying round (pre-screening) are entitled to take part in the final round.
BEST LISZT PERFORMANCE
An annual tribute to Franz Liszt and celebration of his birthday.
The competition is designed in such a way that the award winners will be announced on October 22, the birthday of the great composer.
This competition is part of Best Performance competition series.
September 22 – October 22
|Free Entries:||Sept 22 – 29|
|Pre-screening:||Sept 30 – Oct 2
(reviewing of the submitted video recordings)
|Notification of the approved contestants:||Oct 3 – 4|
|Applications:||Oct 5 – 7
(submitting application form, portrait photo, and payment of the administrative fee)
|Judging:||Oct 8 – 17|
|Processing of results:||Oct 18 – 21|
|Competition Awards Announcement:
The Best Liszt Performance Competition is open to instrumentalists of all nationalities and countries up to 25 years.
- Previous winners are permitted to apply. There’s no restrictions as to the number of times a contestant can apply to a competition;
- Contestants are permitted to submit entries to as many competitions as they want in any given year;
- One and the same piece could be eligible for submission for multiple competitions. For example, a piece by Mozart is eligible for Best Mozart Performance but also for The Music of Germany and Austria, The Music of 18th Century, and other competitions. Read the Rules of each competition you’re interested in to see if you can submit one piece to multiple competitions.
- 5 – 7 years
- 8 – 10
III. 11 – 13
- 14 – 16
- 17 – 19
- 20 – 22
VII. 23 – 25
- One free-choice piece by Franz Liszt.
For large scale works e.g. concerto: one movement
- It’s not required to know the piece by heart.
- Transcriptions/Adaptations/Arrangements are acceptable. For example, a piece of music adapted for another instrument(s) than which it was originally composed.
Rounds of the Competition
The competition is divided into a qualifying round (pre-screening) and a final round.
Both rounds are online.
PRE-SCREENING (FREE ENTRY)
- Participants are required to submit a video recording of their performance (YouTube link or other online video platform) by email. Within the same email, please include your name, age and nationality; name of the piece and composer; and the competition you apply for.
- Please send your submissions between September 22 – 29 to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The approved contestants will participate in the competition with the same piece submitted for the pre-screening.
- Only contestants who are selected in the qualifying round are entitled to take part in the final round.
INVITATION & APPLICATION (FINAL ROUND)
- Only the approved participants can apply. Read more by clicking here.
- The approved contestants will receive a notification and invitation to apply by email according to the competition schedule.
- The Application Form along with portrait photo, and proof of payment (PayPal ID) of the administrative processing fee of $32.50 should be submitted according to the competition schedule.
- Eight qualified judges will be evaluating audition materials.
- The decision of the Jury is final and can’t be appealed.
- The awards will be based solely on the video recordings submitted.
- Multiple awards will be given in each age category.
- The Jury may award additional special awards or specific acknowledgements.
- The winners will receive diplomas. Their teachers may receive certificates by request.
Competition Awards Announcement
The competition results will be published on our website.
Great Composers Competition reserves the right to make any changes into the rules, dates, schedules and other information related to the Competition.